In order for an article to be considered for publication on the blog, it must meet the following standards:
- It must be written for web designers, web and app developers, marketers, ecommerce consultants, and other creative professionals in the ecommerce industry. It should aim to help our audience grow their business, deepen their technical skills, or inspire their work.
- The article cannot be an advertisement for a service, brand, or product, nor can it be self-servingly promotional. Articles should attempt to present a balanced, well-rounded, and unbiased appraisal of a particular topic or technique.
- The article should be technically specific, highly detailed, and provide lasting value to our primary audience. A great piece of content offers actionable advice, step-by-step instructions, checklists, or code snippets.
- The article must be well-researched and fully supported. A great article features numerous case studies or examples; numbers, metrics, and other statistical measurements of success; and links to reputable sources.
- Content should be timely or address current industry trends.
- Shopify owns the rights to any and all content published on its platform. Shopify reserves the right to repurpose, republish, update, or remove contributed content at any time.
Guest post guidelines
- We only consider the original content. Posts cannot have appeared or been published elsewhere.
- Use the search box on the blog to make sure we haven’t covered your topic already. Your guest post should fill a gap in our content, or present a unique angle on an already covered topic.
- Articles can range from 1,000 to 3,000 words in length.
- Consider what visual elements you might include with your post. We expect all submissions to include photos, graphics, and screenshots.
- Read a few posts on the blog to get a feel for the voice and tone we use.
- There are over 1,000,000 entrepreneurs powering their businesses with Shopify. If you’re looking for a business to feature or use as an example in your guest post, please remember that we prefer to give the spotlight to one of our own merchants.
We reserve the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, as well as update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness. We also reserve the right to include calls-to-action to Shopify content, including but not limited to email newsletters, guides, and other downloadable content.
We hope you will bring useful value to the community through the Guest Post. Please complete the following fields, we will review them before publishing them on the website.